A few weeks ago, Beki Vallance tweeted the most delicious looking cake using ours truly! It looked so good that we just had to get her to write her recipe down to share it with the rest of you, so here it is:
I first discovered Doisy & Dam at the Good Food Eat Well Show on the 1st March. Their stand was crowded, so I knew it was going to be something good. They had all their chocolates available to buy so I bought small bars of all of them – I regret that! Should have bought the big bars instead! All of their chocolate bars are simply delicious. I find myself tucking into them whilst I’m lying in bed at night. I just can’t get enough!
I must be honest I had never tried chocolate and chilli as a combination before I tried Doisy & Dam. With hemp seeds and ginger added into the chocolate as well as the dried chilli flakes, it leaves a party in your mouth. The flavour combination is perfect and I knew I had to make something with this instead of eating it as it is.
I make protein mug cakes regularly, trying to improve my recipe every time and today, I think I have finally got the perfect recipe. So here goes!
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Efectiv Nutrition Double Chocolate Whey)
- 2 tbsp raw Cacao Powder (I use Kaizen Living)
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Peanut Butter (I used buff bake)
- 2/3 tbsp Almond Milk (I use Rude Health)
- 40g Doisy & Dam Ginger, Chilli Flakes & Hemp Seed Chocolate
- In a microwavable mug/bowl (I use Sistema To Go Plastic Soup Mug), combine the protein powder, raw cacao powder and peanut butter.
- This will create a thick paste. Slowly add the almond milk until you get a nice batter that is still slightly thick
- Pop it into the microwave for 40 seconds and check it. You want there to be a bit of movement on top of the cake as it means that it is nice and moist inside and not over cooked. If it’s a bit too runny, put it back into the microwave for another 10/20 seconds
- Once the cake is done, take a knife and loosen it from the edges of the mug. Turn it over onto a plate and tap on the mug to help the cake drop
- In the meantime, microwave the chilli chocolate until it has melted (normally takes 1/1 & a half minutes)
- Take the mug away from the plate and you should have a perfectly formed cake! Chop up some strawberries and dot them around the plate, then smother the cake and strawberries in the melted chocolate
So simple, delicious & healthy for you!
The cake is soft and the chocolate gives it a great flavour with a kick from the ginger and chilli, but it’s not overpowering in the slightest. I can’t wait to cook more with Doisy & Dam chocolate bars. If you see one, make sure you buy it! You won’t be disappointed!