In case it's passed you by (where have you been?!) the Easter weekend is almost upon us 🐇 Wooooohooo! 🥚 The only holiday where it's pretty much insisted upon that you eat your body weight in delicious chocolate.
Now we all know that common Easter problem; you've spent the morning ruthlessly beating your younger siblings in the family Easter egg hunt, wolfed down a mound of roast lamb/nut roast and now you're sprawled out on the sofa, scouring the internet for elasticated trousers 👀 A few hours tick by, and although you never thought you'd eat again, those sweet hunger pangs begin to raise their old and familiar head.
Do not fear, one thing we've realised is that there’s always room for organic chocolate and we’ve got just the thing. It’s basically the perfect chocolate Easter recipe as you can get your choc fix and also get some good fibre into your body to help you… you know… and feel all light and empty again.
So without any further delay, here’s our Easter recipe for Doisy and Dam chocolate nests.
We like using Doisy & Dam (obv!) Date & Himalayan Pink Salt but any of our superdelicious bars will work perfectly.
200g (that's 2 big bars!) Doisy & Dam chocolate, broken into pieces
85g shredded wheat
2 X 100g bags mini chocolate eggs
12 x Cupcake cases
- Weigh out the shredded wheat and place into a large bowl.
- Melt the choc in a bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Once melted, pour the drool-worthy chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir to combine everything.
- Spoon the chocolatey, wheaty goodness into the 12 cupcake cases trying to make sure they are even.
- Using the back of a teaspoon make a well in the centre of each to create a nest shape.
- Place three mini eggs in the centre of each nest and, if you can bear to wait, refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- If you can get hold of them, and boy we wish we could, place a bad ass little Easter chick on top of your nest.
🐣 🐤HAPPY EASTER 🐤🐣