This recipe is so delish it's bananas!
It comes form award winning blogger, nutritional health coach and awesome mumspiration Lizzie King aka @lizzieloveshealthy.
Lizzie is known for making deliciously easy recipes, super healthy food for babies, children and families. Everything she makes is gluten free and refined sugar free with dairy alternatives. Make sure you take a look at her blog.
This recipe comes from her amazing cook book. You can find it and loads of cool courses here
½ cup ground almonds
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup rice flour
3 tbsp rice syrup
2tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup Doisy & Dam Maca, Vanilla & Cocoa nibs cut in to small chunks
2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Pour flours, bicarbonate of soda and almond flour into a mixing bowl and whisk together with a large pinch of sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas until smoothish, leaving a little texture. Add eggs and vanilla and beat together. Pour in rice syrup and coconut sugar and combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the big mixing bowl and fold in to just come together. Add chocolate chips and almond slivers at the end and fold through, saving a few almonds.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin and sprinkle almonds/extra choc chips on top.
- Bake at 180 for 40-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean, and bread is golden brown with a crack forming.
N.B My 'writing' of this post is literally the introduction. The rest is all Lizzie.