Ice-Cream? Hells no, we want Nice-Cream. Have all the deliciousess without feeling an ounce of guilt. This weeks recipe is exactly what we need in this scorching weather!
It's the creation of Helen who writes a cracking blog full of load of healthy, affordable recipes for food & natural beauty. Mostly plant-based. All dairy-free & GF"
Serves 2 (generously!)
For the Nice Cream:
3 large ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
200ml coconut milk
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (or substitute cocoa powder)
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (or omit)
½ cup/60g oats
3 Tbsp nut butter of choice
2 Tbsp lucuma powder
40g bar of Doisy and Dam Coconut & Lucuma chocolate, broken into chunks
For the Chocolate Coconut Sauce:
3 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Tbsp raw cacao powder (or substitute cocoa powder)
3 Tbsp maple syrup
More chunks of Doisy and Dam Coconut & Lucuma chocolate
toasted coconut flakes
coconut whipped cream (the solid part of a chilled tin of coconut milk whipped with vanilla and maple syrup to taste)
- Start by making the sauce. Melt the coconut oil gently in a pan, then mix in the cacao powder and maple syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Use the sauce to swirl patterns on the inside of two mason or jam jars (Tip: if you chill the glasses first, the sauce will set nicely), keeping some sauce back for topping the sundaes. Set aside.
- Now make the nice cream. Place the cacao powder, flaxseed (if using), oats, nut butter, lucuma and coconut milk in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the chunks of banana, continuing blend until the mixture is thick and creamy. If your blender is struggling – gradually add a little more coconut milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Throw in the chocolate bar chunks and blend for a few seconds to incorporate.
- Divide the nice cream between the jars and top with coconut whipped cream, cacao nibs, toasted coconut flakes and more chocolate chunks.