Enough to make a large tub, the recipe can be easily halved (but that would mean less of the deliciousness!)
- 140g of desiccated coconut
- 225g of chopped Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma chocolate (pop a few pieces into your mouth for good measure 😜)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or more to your taste)
- 3 tablespoon of lucuma powder
- 350ml of organic whole milk or coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
Method - Let's get down to business:
- Start by gently toasting the desiccated coconut in a dry frying pan on a medium heat. It should be golden brown and smell fragrant and delicious
- Put the toasted coconut in a food processor and blitz until it forms a smooth paste. You’ll need to keep scraping down the sides to make sure that everything has been blitzed.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave in short bursts to avoid burning it.
- Make a paste with the lucuma and a little milk, whisking all the time to ensure that there’s no lumps. Once you have a smooth paste, add the rest of the milk and the syrup and heat to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add the chocolate to the food processor, and blend with the coconut. Then add the milk mix and a pinch of salt until all incorporated.
- Pour into a suitable container and allow to cool, then keep in the fridge until your ready to lather it over everything and anything