This weeks awesome Great British Bake Off inspired recipe comes from Imogen AKA YummyImmy
She's a food blogger and instagrammer focusing on healthy recipes that are also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. They all include simple, whole foods and nutritious ingredients. Her blog features flavoursome but easy meal ideas for breakfasts, lunch and dinner, as well as a particular speciality for creating delicious, refined sugar free and low calorie dessert options.
Check out her blog yummyimmy.com
50g coconut flour
60g plain flour (gluten free if necessary)
100g egg white
100g unsweetened apple sauce*
50g granulated sweetener (e.g stevia or coconut sugar)
300g chopped pear
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 80g bar Doisy and Dam Coconut and Lucuma Chocolate
- Chop the pears and add to a saucepan, simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and sticky. Optional - add 1 tbsp maple syrup or date syrup.
- Pre-heat the oven to 185C.
- Mix the base ingredients to form a thick biscuit like mixture.
- Mould into 10-12 cups in either a cupcake tray or rubber cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add the filling to the tartlets and leave to cool/set.
- Melt the chocolate and use a knife to spread a thin layer over each tartlet, covering the filling. Leave to set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Optional: top with desiccated coconut.