It’s week 2 of D&D does #GBBO and for BISCUIT WEEK we’ve teamed up with the delicious @messylittlevegan to bring you this epic stack of ORANGE AND GOJI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES🍪
They’re completely #dairyfree, #vegan and packed with #chocolate! We don’t know about you but we can’t watch Bake Off without snacking on something sweet ourselves, and these biccies do just the job.
GOJI AND ORANGE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup solid coconut oil
1/2 cup Demerara sugar
1 tsp orange extract
2 cups flour
3/4 cups raw cacao
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chocolate soy milk or regular dairy-free milk
1 bar Doisy & Dam Goji & Orange organic dark chocolate
1. In a large bowl beat the coconut oil, sugar and orange extract with a hand mixer until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients little by little to the wet mixture continuously beating until well combined. Switch to dough hooks half way through.
4. Add milk and mix until fully incorporated. The dough should become somewhat firm and sticky.Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Pre-heat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
6. Prepare your work surface with baking paper. Remove cling film, place the dough onto the work surface and dust with a bit of flour. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
7. Begin tearing off small pieces and roll into 3cm balls using your hands, then flatten out onto your cookie sheet to about 1cm thickness, smoothing out the edges, leaving about 2cm between them.
8. Break chocolate into pieces, chop into rough chunks and place them evenly on cookies pushing them in firmly.
9. Bake for around 20 minutes on the middle shelf.
10. Remove from oven and carefully transfer cookies onto a cooling rack using a spatula. Let cool down fully to allow them to firm up before eating.