Vegan Cinnamon & Maple Choc Roll 🍫
Sing along if you know the words -🎵 We love vegan rolls - so get your pastry out and watch the bake off baby 🎵
Ladies, gentleman and GBBO lovers across the world, it's pastry week!
This week, the baking wizard that is Lis Cooper has put her magic to the test and created vegan cinnamon and maple D&D rolls. It's enough to make you go choc mad!
Here's how to whip up (or more like whirl) your very own lip-smacking pastries 👅
Rough Puff Pastry -
250g strong plain flour
25g ground almonds
1 tsp salt
250g vegan spread, could use soya
150ml cold water
4 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
5 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 bar x Doisy & Dam - Maple, Toasted Rice & Pink Salt
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tbsp Ground Almonds
How to make the magic happen:
1) Sift flour and salt into a big bowl. Dolloping in the vegan spread, add into the flour and rub them in.
2) Make a well in the bowl & pour 3/4 of the water in, mixing with your hands (the messier then better!) until it forms a sticky dough. Cover with cling film and rest it for 20 mins in the fridge.
3) Round 2. Turn it onto a floured surface & start to knead, Roll into a large smooth sided rectangle, keeping it even every time you fold it and roll it out again. Repeat this several times but don't overkill. Pop it back in the fridge and chill it for another 25 mins.
4) Make the filling - heat the coconut oil so it is in liquid form, adding in all of the remaining ingredients and mixing well until it forms a sticky paste.
5) Spread this mixture across all of the pastry, right up to the edges. In a separate bag, smash up ya D&D so it is in little pieces and dust. Sprinkle this over the top of the pastry & filling.
6) Carefully roll up the edges until it is in a tight roll & using a sharp knife, slice into medium thick pieces and place in a baking tin greased with parchment. Do until all the mixture is used up.
7) Put in a preheated oven of 200c for 20 mins but keep an eye on it as no one wants burnt or undercooked pastry.
8) Serve with ice cream for a delish dessert, or with a steaming pot of coffee for an indulgent brekkie!