Gluten Free Churros with a rich Doisy & Dam dark chocolate sauce:
- 50g melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- about 1 litre sunflower oil
- 100g Mulberries, Black Sesame, Spirulina Dark Chocolate
- 50ml double cream
- 50ml semi-skimmed/whole milk
- 2 tbsp honey
-1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add the melted butter and vanilla to 350ml boiling water.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to a separate mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients then pour in the liquid, and beat it all together. Keep mixing until there are no lumps. Leave this to rest for about 5-10 mins.
- Heat a large saucepan filled with sunflower oil. Test the oil by dolloping some of the batter mix into the oil until it turns golden brown within about 30 seconds.
- Place your batter mix into a piping bag, with a fairly wide nozzle. Then carefully pipe strips into the hot oil.
- Prep a separate plate where you can sprinkle the churros with the cinnamon sugar.
- Whilst those cook, make your superdelish dark choc dipping sauce using D&D Mulberries, Black Sesame, Spirulina. Break up the choc into a saucepan along with the rest of the ingredients and stir occasionally over a low heat.
- Finally serve up the sugar coated churros with the chocolate sauce, drizzle over or dunk, the choice is yours! (Double dipping is encouraged) 👍