Maple, Toasted Rice and Pink Salt Biscuits
In a nail-biting episode where we saw many of the contestants 'crumble' under pressure, this week was BISCUIT week! 🍪 And to celebrate, the wonderful and delish Goodness Guru has been whipping up a storm in the kitchen. WARNING: our brand new maple choc bar may have inspired these recipes, so look away now if you are feeling hungry! 👅
Makes approximately 10 biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add the medjool dates, vanilla, water, peanut butter and salt to a food processor. Blitz until combined.
3. Add the ground almonds and brown rice flour, and blitz into a sticky dough. It might look a lil greasy, but don't fear, it's just the natural oils from the nuts, they will dry in the oven so don’t panic.
4. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on your work surface. Transfer the dough on to the grease proof paper and knead it gently into a ball.
5. Cover with another piece of parchment paper, and roll the dough until it’s just a couple of mm thick. Using a cutter of your choice, cut individual sized biscuits.
6. Break 1/2 a bar of Doisy & Dam maple, toasted rice and pink salt chocolate into individual squares.
7. Place one in the centre of a biscuit, and then cover with another biscuit. Press down the edges to seal and transfer on to the lined baking tray.
8. Bake in the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Gently melt the remaining chocolate.
10. Once the biscuits are cool, drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted rice to finish.
TOP CHOC TIP: The biscuits are best when warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave so the centre melts like a fondant *DRIBBLE*
On the rare possibility that you have any left over - store in an airtight container at room temperature.