This flourless chocolate cake ticks all the boxes. It's super moist (yeah we hate that word too), super light and devilishly more-ish. Such a delish weekend treat when you have the gals or guys round.
Created by the doubly delish Miranda Jack of @goodness.by.the.gram who is a mahoosive D&D fan (of course). Check out her insta for recipes, tips on where to eat out, travel envy and beaut pics.
200 g Coconut & Lucuma Doisy & Dam dark chocolate (extra to melt on top too)
200g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon strong coffee
6 large free-range eggs
250 g golden caster sugar
70 g cocoa powder
-Preheat the oven to 160ºC and grease and 8inch cake tine.
-Break the chocolate up and melt in a bowl over hot water (bain-marie), if it gets a little thick add a tablespoon of coconut oil
-Remove the bowl from the heat and add in the coffee
- Split the eggs into yolks and whites and beat the whites until white and fluffy and forming white peaks
- In a separate bowl add the sugar to the yolks and beat for around 6 minutes until pale and add a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the melted (and slightly cooled) chocolate and fold in the egg whites
- Transfer to your cake tin and bake for 50mins to 1 hour. Check if it's ready by inserting skewer and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Decorate as you wish! I drizzled in more melted chocolate, then popped on dried raspberries and some fresh strawberries :)
Click here to explore our full range!