This recipe comes from foodie Queen and all-round hero, Alicia Cooper.
Alicia is UK Brand Manager at Drink Maple who believes that the meaning of life is brunch (we agree!). She's a super runner bean, who lives in lycra. 💪
What’s your favourite food indulgence?
Ooh my foodie indulgence, would probably have to be a large jar of crunchy peanut butter & a spoon. Bread just slows me down.
What is the ingredient that you couldn’t live without?
I would say super simple but bananas. Literally so versatile and I can use them in pretty much everything I love to eat.
What’s your favourite place to lol at the weekend?
Probably back home in the Kent countryside with the canine crew.
All you need for this recipe is a 20cm loose base tart tin, a blender and self-control.
• 150g pecans
• 150g almonds
• 75g hazelnuts
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 250g pitted medjool dates that have been soaked in boiling water for a few hours
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 3 ripe avocados
• 100g coconut oil
• 1 big bar D&D Goji & Orange
• 1 vanilla pod
• Pinch of sea salt
• 50g raw cacao powder
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
1. Simply blitz all the base ingredients together, carefully flatten into the tart tin & freeze for a few hours.
2. In the meantime, make the filling by melting the Doisy & Dam
3. In a nicely cleaned blender, add all the filling ingredients and melted D&D until smooth
4. Spoon & flatten over the frozen base and chill again for a few hours before eating
5. Top with strawberries or fruit of your choice.
6. Then eat
This superdelish tart is perfect for a dinner party dessert, or chopped into slices for a mid-afternoon snack.
You can read some of Lis’ foodie tips on her blog or follow her adventures over on Instagram