We don't often bring you a recipe using our Lemon and pops bar, but it's high time we did!
This weeks recipe comes from one of our fave recipe creators, Sarah from @sarahssugarfreebakery , she's whipped up this totally delish white choc mousse cake for a zesty sweet treat.
Check out Sarah’s sugar free bakery for a delish variety of easy and healthy sweet treat recipes www.sarahssugarfreebakery.com
The perfect healthy dessert for all the family, with a zingy twist. Gluten and refined sugar free.
4 egg whites
2 cups (220 grams) honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 grams ground almonds
100g Doisy & Dam lemon, poppy seed & baobab white chocolate
150g good quality white chocolate
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 egg whites
300mls double cream
- Preheat the oven to 160Â°C. Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin with parchment (it needs the clip to get the cake out once its set)
- Mix the honey with the ground almonds in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the egg whites into the a grease free bowl and beat with an electric whisk on low speed until foamy, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until soft peaks form, about 1 minute, add the vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the ground almonds and honey mixture with a silicon spatula. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Use your spatula to make sure it is an even layer then bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wash the cake tin so its ready to put the sponge and mousse back in.
- To make the mousseÂ melt the chocolate and milk together either in the microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir the zest and juice of 1 lemon into the chocolate mixture and leave to cool.
- In a grease free bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks
- In a separate bowl whisk the double cream to soft peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the cream with a metal spoon. Add a large tablespoon of the egg whites to the mixture and beat to loosen it a little. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites with a metal spoon, using a cutting action.
- To assemble your cake, transfer the cooled sponge back into your cake tin. Spoon the mousse mixture on top and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or over night.
- To serve, loosen the cake tin and remove the cake tin edge. Use a cake lifter to transfer to a serving plate. Grate a little extra zest on top and slice up!