Sometimes it's the middle of the afternoon, and you get a rumbling in your tumbling for something sweet, that can't be satisfied by anything other than a crunchy, choccy cookie.
Don't despair in these times, we've got just the thing to help you out. (Thanks to Ruth from Nutritiously Naughty 😘
Presenting Coconut & Hazelnut Vegan cookies so gooooood.
70g melted coconut oil
45ml maple syrup
100g gluten free oats
50g buckwheat flour
25g cacao powder
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
Edible flowers to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 150oc and line 2 oven trays with baking paper
- Start by pulsing the oats in a blender or food processor until you are left with oat flour
- Tip the flour into a large bowl along with the buckwheat flour, coconut and cacao powder
- Place the hazelnuts in the blender of food processor and blend on a high setting until they are ground to a course flour
- Add the hazelnut flour to the bowl and stir to combine
- Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup into the bowl
- Stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough is formed (leave it to sit for a few minutes if it’s too soft to handle)
- Use a rolling pin to roll the cookie dough between 2 pieces of baking paper until it is about 5mm thick
- Using your choice of cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes before placing them on a baking tray
- Re-roll the dough and repeat until all the dough has been used
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes
- Leave the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack until completely cooled
- Melt the Doisy & Dam coconut and lucuma chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- Remove the bowl from the heat and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies before sprinkling over your choice of toppings!