We are on a mission to take snacking to the next level. Think wholesome, satisfying and god dam delish. In the words of badass comedian Luisa Omielan 'Uprgrade b****es' - and that's exactly what we are going to do...with our snacking.
We've teamed up with Hope Pointing, the YOUNGEST person to reach the Quarter Finals of Masterchef in 2016 to produce a series of insane treats to snack on...all it requires is a little bit of weekend baking to set you up for the week.
Rocky Road with a little twist
100g roasted hazel nuts (or any other nuts)
200g dried fruit: dates, raisins, I used apricots and sultanas just because that what I had available
150g biscuits, I used brown gluten-free sugar shortbread, these worked really well with the maple and dates
150g melted chocolate
150g melted coconut oil (VE) or 150g butter
3 tbsp honey/maple syrup (VE)
Pinch of sea salt
1. To roast the nuts, simply toast them in a frying pan, carefully tossing them to make sure they don't burn. One they turn lovely golden brown colour, remove form the heat and leave to cool.
2. Next, melt the chocolate, butter/coconut oil and maple syrup until completely combined to give a glossy, smooth mixture.
3. Add in all the other ingredients to the chocolate mix and give it a good stir.
4. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and top with any extra chocolate, biscuits, nuts or whatever you fancy.
5. Refrigerate for about an hour and then cut into generous chunks. A perfect (slightly healthier) snack!