Makes 9 moist, chocolatey muffins
100g Softened butter
175g light brown sugar
100g self raising flour
50g ground almonds
40g D&D Maca Vanilla and Cacao Nibs chopped in chunks
½ tsp bicarb soda
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
For the topping:
150ml double cream
2 dessert spoons icing sugar (sifted)
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and pop muffin cases in your muffin tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, egg, flour, ground almonds, bicarb soda, cocoa and Guinness in a mixing bowl. Beat together until lit’s lovely and smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the mix between the tins evenly then bake for 20-25 mins until risen and a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 mins, then remove from tins and cool completely
Now for the icing
- Whip cream with the icing sugar until thick. Spoon a dollop onto the top of each cake and dust with a touch of cocoa. Stuff in ones mouth.