- 200 g D&D’s Maca, Vanilla and Nibs dark chocolate
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180 g golden caster sugar
- sea salt
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil , plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 230 ml unsweetened soya or almond milk (obv we used Rude Health’s Ultimate Almond as we are obsessed)
- 200 g pecan nuts
- 50g cacao nibs
- Preheat yo’ oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Line a 20cm square (roughly) baking tin with greaseproof paper, use a little bit of oil in the tin before putting the paper in so it sticks neatly.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Break 150g of chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly/place choc in a microwaveable bowl and give it short 40 second blasts in the microwave stirring each time until it melts. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a good pinch of salt.
- Stir in the oil, substitute milk, vanilla extract and melted chocolate until combined.
- Dip finger in mixture to try because you just can’t help yourself.
- Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the pecans, saving some to make the top look pretty. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining pecans, then place into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Leave to cool for around 5 minutes, turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Gobble them up.