2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seed & 5 tbsp water)
170g dairy free butter
185g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
190g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
80g Doisy & Dam Dark chocolate maca, vanilla and cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180 fan. Place a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking tray.
- First, make the flax eggs by combining the flaxseed with the water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a suitable bowl, add the butter and melt in the microwave. Add the sugar and beat together until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and beat again until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Chop Doisy & Dam chocolate into small chunks and fold into cookie dough mixture.
- Place 6 large spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for approx. 10 mins until slightly golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
We bet you're hankering for a bit of chocolate right now... fear not, you can buy some here 😃