3 large ripe bananas
250g self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
75g vegan butter
3 packs of Doisy and Dam Almond Nuttercups
1tbsp almond butter
Wake up and smell the almond butter banana bread muffins!
These are a treat for all your senses. Warm, fluffy banana bread muffins, with a delicious secret on the inside. A chocolate almond nut butter cup. We'll take two please. Perfect for a quick vegan breakfast or an afternoon snack (or both, we're not judging), these are little mouthfuls of joy.
Makes 8 and takes 1 hour.
1. First mash the bananas in a large bowl, then mix in the butter, maple syrup and almond butter.
2. Sieve in the self raising flour and add the baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
3. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases and add a bit of the mixture into each case.
4. Next add 1 Nuttercup (or 2, we know your style) to the centre then cover with more mixture.
5. Sprinkle each muffin with some oats and flaked almonds.
6. Place muffin tray in a preheated oven and bake for about 35/45mins checking that a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and leave to cool.