1 can black beans/kidney beans
60g water from the beans (aquafaba)
75g sticky sweetener (e.g. maple syrup)
Flavour drops of choice (or 1 tsp vanilla + 1 tbsp granulated sweetener)
80g oat flour (gf)
10g cacao powder
20g maca powder (or malt powder)
50g vegan protein powder (or substitute with 1 extra tbsp cacao and 30g more oat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
Doisy and Dam ballers - crushed
What's the perfect, chocolatey squidgey brownie missing? Some say nothing, some say a little bit of malty crunch. We fall into the latter category, but lucky for us, the lovely Elle (@bites.by.bean) has crafted an epic vegan Baller brownie recipe for us.
Tuck in, we can't guarantee these will stay around for long!
Serves 8 and takes 45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease a square tin or loaf tin.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add the puréed mixture.
- Fold until combined - add a little milk if needed, you want a cookie dough consistency.
- Spread into your prepared tin and sprinkle on the crushed Ballers.
- Bake for 30 mins and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.