Ballers Cookie Dough Chocolate Cake
FOR THE CAKE
225g margarine or unsalted butter, softened
225g caster sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g self-raising flour, sifted
½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda 30g cocoa 2 tbsp whole milk 100g good-quality dark chocolate, meltedFor the ganache 600g dark chocolate 600 ml carton double cream Knob butter
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
500g Naked Dough Make your Own Emoji Poo chocolate chip Cookie Dough 150g softened butter 70g whole milk 1 Packet Doisy & Dam Ballers
4 packets Doisy & Dam Ballers
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4. In a mixer, cream the margarine or butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and milk, then mix until combined. Add the melted chocolate and mix again until smooth.
- Grease 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bases with non-stick baking paper. Divide the cake mixture between the tines and smooth the surface. Bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until golden and a skewer come away clean when inserted into the middle. Turn out the cakes on to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the ganache, break up the chocolate in a bowl. On a low heat, heat the cream until it is simmering, stirring continuously. Pour the cream over the chocolate and continually stir until all the chocolate is melted and they are fully mixed together. Add the butter and mix, stirring occasionally until room temperature.
- For the cookie dough, mix the Naked Dough packet, milk and butter until you have a smooth consistency. Add the Doisy&Dam Ballers and crush slightly in the cookie dough mixture. Spoon on the cookie dough to one of the cake layers and using a palette knife smooth over the cake layer
- Spread the cookie dough cake layer with half the ganache using a palette knife.
- Place the other layer on top of the first cake and spread with the remaining ganache. Finish off by decorating the entire cake with the Doisy & Dam Ballers.