Chocolate Truffle Blondies
200g unsalted butter
200g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
175g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 pack of Doisy & Dam Dark Chocolate Truffles
Take our dark chocolate salted truffles. Enrobe them in squidgey, cakey blondies. Bake, grab and enjoy. A delicious recipe created by Fran (@leekslentilsandlove) - lovingly showing off our sweet and salted dark chocolate truffles.
The ultimate afternoon treat, perfect when accompanied with a cuppa or even a second blondie.
Makes 16 blondies and takes 45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a brownie tin with butter and parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl in the microwave, then allow it to cool a little.
- Whisk together the sugars and eggs with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. The mixture should leave a trail on the surface for 2 seconds when it's ready!
- Add the vanilla extract and melted butter to the egg mixture, folding carefully to ensure too much air isn't lost in the batter.
- Carefully sieve the flour and baking powder into the batter, add the salt, then fold again to combine.
- Unwrap the truffles, then quarter them using a sharp knife. Scatter 3/4 of the truffle pieces into the blondie batter and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and spread out evenly, and top the batter with the remaining truffle pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. You want the mixture to wobble slightly in the middle when you shake the tin.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Slice evenly and allow to set in the fridge - if you can wait!