100g unsalted butter
290g digestive biscuits
600g full-fat cream cheese
100ml double cream
140g icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of an orange
120g Doisy & Dam D&Ds Chocolate Drops
1 pack of Doisy & Dam Dark Chocolate Good Eggs
An eggstra delicious cheesecake, featuring our Good Eggs on top. Creamy with a chocolatey crunch on top, it's just what you want to be digging into.
Super fan Fran (@leekslentilsandlove) has shared this recipe for us - so get crackin'.
Serves 12 and takes 3 hours (mostly chilling time).
- Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm springform tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl in the microwave, then allow it to cool a little.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and blitz to a medium crumb.
- Pour the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Push the biscuit mix into the base of the tin, and use a spoon to pack down firmly until compact. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Briefly whisk together the cream cheese, and icing sugar with an electric mixer until loosely combined.
- Add the double cream and lemon juice then whisk on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Zest the orange and stir through the cream cheese mix, along with the Doisy & Dam Chocolate Drops, ensuring they're evenly distributed.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and top with the cream cheese mixture, spreading across the tin evenly.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the Doisy & Dam Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs into halves.
- Top the cheesecake with the mini egg pieces and return to the fridge for at least an hour to set.