Frozen Chocolate Coconut Bars
1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
3/4 cup greek yoghurt or vegan alternative
1tbsp maple syrup
1 cup melted Doisy & Dam Buttons
1 pack D&Ds
The recipe for this dark chocolate bounty bar is SO simple, so delicious and, dare we say it, healthy...! Sweetened with maple syrup, naturally sweet coconut and dipped in velvety smooth dark chocolate. @eatwellwithgabs has outdone herself.
- Mix together the desiccated coconut, greek yoghurt (or vegan alternative) and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Form into 6 bar shaped bits and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Set in the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Whilst you are waiting crush up some D&Ds, Just let the air out of the bag, reseal and whack with a rolling pin.
- Pop the chocolate buttons in a medium bowl and melt (either in the microwave or bain-marie)
- Dip the bars in, covering them completely in chocolate and place them back on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the crushed D&Ds and desiccated coconut
- Set in the freezer for at least another hour and enjoy!
- Any bars you haven't demolished need to be kept in the freezer.