Gluten-free Chocolate cake
FOR THE CAKE
200g Butter or vegan alternative
200g Doisy & Dam Goji & Orange chocolate
200ml Maple Syrup
1tsp Vanilla Extract
200g ground almonds
FOR THE ICING
2 Avocados - mashed
3tbsp maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocoa powder
This flourless chocolate cake is so awesomely delicious we've forgotten flour even existed. It's refined sugar free, the perfect showstopper and banging with a cuppa tea. If you want to make it vegan just substitute butter for vegan margarine and you can find out how to substitute eggs here.
1. Grease and line an 8" spring form cake tin
2. Preheat over to 180c/160c fan
3. Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain-marie until smooth
4. Separate 5 eggs and reserve egg white for later. Whisk you 6th whole egg in together with the 5 egg yolks, maple syruo & vanilla extract.
5. Stir in the ground almonds
6. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks and then gently fold into the chocolate batter.
7. Pour batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 45 mins.
8. Remove form the over and let the cake cool, in it's tin, on a wire rack.
9. Whilst the cake is cooling whisk all the icing ingredients together and spread over the cooled cake. Top with raspberries.