Magic Shell Chocolate Overnight Oats
For the overnight oats:
1 mashed banana
50g vegan yoghurt e.g. coconut
150 ml almond or hazelnut milk
Juice of one orange
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
Handful of fresh berries e.g. raspberries, blueberries (optional)
For the chocolate ‘magic shell’:
15 ml coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (optional)
Doisy & Dam Good Eggs or D&D drops
Get crackin' and this time we mean it.
Sustainability whizz and Doisy & Dam super fan Moni (@mindfullymoni) has made the perfect vegan chocolate overnight oats to tuck into over the Easter weekend. Creamy oats, filled with goodies like banana, berries and chia seeds and topped with a crackable, snappable chocolate topping. Just what we need to fuel up for a day of Easter Egg hunting.
Serves 1 and takes overnight.
- Combine all the ingredients for the overnight oats in a bowl or jar - except for the fresh berries, if using.
- Mix until the ingredients are well combined; the consistency should not be too thick (as it will thicken overnight) so add a little more almond milk if it is difficult to stir.
- Transfer the overnight oats into your desired bowl and add the fresh berries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, cacao powder and liquid sweetener (if using).
- Pour your ‘magic shell’ mixture over the overnight oats.
- Top with Doisy & Dam chocolate Good Eggs and any other fruit/ chocolate of your choosing. Store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, crack open your ‘magic shell’ oats with a spoon and dig in!