Mini Egg Easter Cookies
1 3/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein (can sub for extra flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup light vegan butter softened, not melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Good Eggs
1/4 cup plant based milk
Squidgey. Chocolatey. Perfect for Easter.
These cookies from our fan Rosie take the NYC style soft chewy cookie, and reimagine it into a fun vegan chocolate recipe. Grab your Good Eggs and get baking, for this ultimate crowd pleasing treat.
Makes 9 and takes 2.5 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, protein, baking soda and salt and mix well. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, add softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat together until smooth and creamy. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Fold through mini eggs. If the dough is a little crumbly, add the milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 170 C/350F.
- Once warm, form 6 balls of cookie dough (I used an ice cream scoop) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges go slightly brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the sheet, before transferring to a wire rack until cool.