120 g Dairy Free Butter
360 g Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
50 g Marshmallows - these can be switched to vegan marshmallows
100 g Biscoff Biscuits
150 g Dairy Free Mini Eggs
Leftovers isn't normally a word in our vocabulary. But, for you lovely lot, we've got you covered.
Found yourself with too much choc on hand? Well, our lovely fan Daisy (@dairyfreedaisy) has rustled up a recipe for a chocolate rocky road, which guarantees to make the most of all your leftover goodies. Easily adaptable depending on what chocolate you have on hand, and easy to make vegan, vegetarian or dairy free as you need. The only rule is the more chocolate, the merrier.
Takes 20 min plus setting time, and serves 9.
- Grease and line a baking tin.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces by placing into a freezer bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Cut the marshmallows into bite-sized pieces.
- Get your chocolate eggs ready to go and remember that you'll need to keep some for decorating your rocky road before it goes into the fridge.
- Set the biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate eggs to one side.
- Melt together the butter, golden syrup and chocolate. This can be done in a pan, microwave or in a Bain Marie (my favourite way).
- Once everything has melted together remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Now it’s time for the fun part. Add the marshmallows, biscuits and chocolate eggs into the chocolate and mix together. Make sure everything is totally covered with chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mix into your baking tin and spread it out evenly.
- Scatter the remaining eggs as decoration and pop it into the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the fridge and slice.