250g plain flour
120g vegan margarine
1tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
*Flour for rolling out the mixture*
4tbsp icing sugar
Doisy and Dam D&Ds
Writing icing sugar - Black
Chocolate makes everything better, right? Well, almost everything. For these delicious little snowmen, their time is up. Here's an easy recipe to make some sensational wintery treats, perfect for dunking in your hot chocolate. Recipe courtesy of the talented @thatssoplantbased.
Takes 1 hour + 45 mins.
Makes around 8 cookies (will power depending).
- Add flour, sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Start adding the butter rubbing it in with your fingers. At first it will be very sticky and messy, keep persevering until it shapes into a dough.
- Then put it back in the fridge to firm for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C and remove dough from the fridge.
- On a flat, clean surface sprinkle some flour and begin rolling out your dough. If the ball is too big for your surface, then split the dough in half.
- Roll out the dough to your preferred thickness and use your circular cutter to cut out your shortbread and place it on greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Once all cookies are cut, add to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Once done, take them out and leave for 30 minutes to cool. Meanwhile combine the icing sugar and water to making your icing sugar.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle the icing sugar over the cookies and add a marshmallow for your snowman head.
- Add two Doisy and Dam chocolate drops for buttons and using your Black writing icing to draw eyes, a mouth and their arms! To complete the look we added an orange sprinkle for a nose!
- Enjoy your festive shortbreads!