For the cookies:
100g coconut sugar
1 tbsp of cashew butter
40ml oat milk
30g melted coconut oil
110g plain white flour
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
40g of Doisy and Dam vanilla, cacao nib and maca dark chocolate bar, chopped into chunks
For the filling:
75ml maple syrup
Juice of 1.5 limes
Equal parts spooky and tasty, these cookie sandwiches will give trick-or-treaters alike. Zesty lime middles and chewy, chocolatey bookends, you'll wish Halloween went on for longer! Recipe created by the very talented Grace.
15 minutes preparation time + 12 minutes baking time.
Makes approx. 8-10 cookies.
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Place all of the cookie ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together, ensuring the chocolate is nicely combined and equally distributed throughout the mixture.
3. Using your hands, prepare to get a bit messy, roll approx. 8-10 small balls of the cookie dough and place them onto a lined baking tray. Make sure you leave plenty of space between each dough ball as they will spread out whilst cooking.
4. Bake at 180C for about 12 minutes (the cookies will spread out into flat circles during baking).
5. Whilst the cookies are baking, make the ‘green goo’ filling. Place all the filling ingredients into a food processor or hand blender and blend until smooth and the avocado is not lumpy.
6. Once the cookies have finished baking, leave to cool completely before assembling.
7. When cool, place a tablespoon of the green filling onto the bottom of the cookies and pair the cookies together.