1 cup almond milk (or dairy)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 aquafaba eggs/chicken eggs
1tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup melted butter(vegan or dairy)
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3/4 cup light brown caster sugar
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/4 cup cream cheese (vegan or dairy)
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 cups icing sugar
Truffles? Cupcakes? Why choose when you can have both!
Take our melty smooth dark chocolate truffles. Pop them inside the cupcake, and enjoy the extra meltiness. Plus, that pinch of sea salt means it's a taste explosion.
Thanks to the lovely Natalie (@nataliemyskow) for this recipe, which can be adapted to be vegan or non vegan. That's our weekend sorted.
Makes 9 cupcakes and takes 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Line cupcake tray with cupcake cases
- Mix all ingredients together until batter is smooth
- Pour mixture inside evenly. Pop a Doisy and Dam truffle inside the middle of each cupcake and spread the batter to cover the chocolate.
- Bake at 175°C for 25 mins, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Whilst the cupcakes are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool totally. When cool, spread frosting on top and decorate until your heart's content. Choc on choc on choc?