Vegan Goji & Orange Chocolate Brownies
250ml soya milk
2 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
250g soft brown sugar
150ml rapeseed oil
250g self raising flour
45g cocoa powder
2 bars Goji & Orange chocolate
zest of 1/2 an orange
Orange slices to decorate
- In a small bowl mix the cider vinegar and soya milk together and set aside. This makes buttermilk.
- Mix the oil and sugar together, then add the buttermilk. Mix until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl set over a bowl of hot water.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, goji berries, orange zest and melted chocolate to the sugar mixture and mix again until smooth.
- Spoon into a 20cm lined square baking tin. Arrange orange slices on top and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes. Don't overbake as you want the middle to be soft and moist. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into pieces.