The reason we collect data is to improve your experience of our website so we can continuously tailor our online experience to make it easier for our customers and offer the best product range we can!
Our commitment to you
- We will only collect, keep use and share personal data for legitimate business purposes that are explained below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as open and transparent as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be used.
- For as long as we maintain records of your personal data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the doisyanddam.com, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
These bad boys track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“WEB BEACONS,” “TAGS,” and “PIXELS”
These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
“Cookies” are delicious. They’re also data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- WHY DO WE USE THEM?
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase of some superdelish choc through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and basic Paypal information) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We use Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address) and, more generally to improve and optimize our site (refer to Cookies above).
- If you place an order through our site, we collect information (including information to process your payment, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations) to fulfil your order in the most efficient way.
- If applicable, your name, address and contact information will be communicated to our carefully selected carriers in order to deliver your order to you (most of our mail is sent via Royal Mail so does not come under this bracket)
- We also use this order information to: communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following sites:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Doisy & Dam Ltd. Unit 2.11, The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden Market, London, SW8 5EL, United Kingdom